See the below message from Penn Futures. Register today! Pre-registration is required.
As drilling for natural gas in the Marcellus Shale continues in our region and across Pennsylvania, PennFuture, Clean Water Action, PennEnvironment, Pennsylvania Sierra Club, Responsible Drilling Alliance and EARTHWORKS are holding an invitation-only strategy session to discuss the avenues and opportunities for action in 2011.
At these sessions, you will:
* Hear from top environmental advocates about the political landscape in 2011.
* Review the legislative avenues for action at the state and federal levels.
* Learn more about drilling on state lands, the drilling tax, protections of our water, bonding, enforcement, and other issues confronting Pennsylvania.
* Learn more about wastewater treatment, compressor stations, municipal zoning authority, and the issues facing your local community.
* Find out how to be involved in local citizen monitoring and visual assessment efforts.
The events are free, but pre-registration is required.
We can’t do this without you! Join us at an event near you!
RSVP for March 19, 2011
1 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Jane Schultz Room
700 College Place
Williamsport, PA 17701
RSVP for March 26, 2011
1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Jewish Community Center of Greater Pittsburgh
Katz Performing Arts Center
5738 Forbes Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15217
RSVP for April 2, 2011
10 a.m. to 1p.m.
1600 Plank Road
Mayfield, PA 18433
Filed under: drilling in pa Tagged: | clean water action, drilling on PA state land, earthworks, gas drilling politics, Marcellus shale drilling, marcellus shale workshop, natural gas, PA sierra club, penn futures, pennenvironment, responsible drilling alliance, water protection, water treatment facilities