Marcellus Shale Muster – January 30, 2010
A Muster to build a strong coalition
in support of a natural gas extraction tax and protection of public forest and park land
Nittany Lion Inn, State College, 10:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Join the fight to:
- Require big drilling companies to pay a severance tax on the extraction of Marcellus Shale gas so we can invest in the land, water wildlife and communities “hosting” the drilling;
- Protect the precious resources our state forests provide and stop them from being treated like an ATM machine, by imposing a moratorium on further leasing of public land for gas drilling until we know the environmental and economic impacts;
- Ensure that the Oil and Gas Lease Fund is used primarily for conservation purposes so our children are left with more than empty gas wells and degraded public lands.
We cannot do this alone. We need you to join the campaign to ensure that gas drillers pay their fair share to the people of Pennsylvania for the use of their natural and community resources and to gain adequate protection of our state forest and park lands.
At the Summit you will:
- Hear from key legislative leaders about the importance of a severance tax on natural gas drilling;
- Get a briefing about the challenges of managing gas drilling on state forest and state park land;
- Learn how profitable the Marcellus Shale deposit is for gas drillers;
- Find out how volunteers are becoming watch dogs;
- Find out how you can help build a strong campaign.
Cost to attend the Muster is $25; registration is required. Click here to register toda
Filed under: drilling in pa, meeting updates | Tagged: gas leasing, marcellus shale, marcellus shale muster, natural gas, natural gas in PA, natural gas wells, naturla gas extraction tax, oil and gas lease fund, PA state forests, protecting PA state forests, severance tax, state college PA |